Saturday, March 22, 2008

Home.....i guess






Ok, here are pictures of my current site. From the top: This is my host familia's casita. The small window on the right is for my tiny room. ; My backyard. My host dad had recently planted habichuelas (beans).; This is my latrine. I always had to pass this pig on the way to do my business. I started calling him Easter and sadly, he was killed early Thursday (3/20) for Easter weekend. ; The kitchen. Yes, it's a separate from the house. That's a lechoza (papaya) tree on the left (great for digestion); This is the only faucet we have for the house. Almost every house in the community has one of these outside (the ones who do not have to use a neighbor's or go to the river). The water "comes" for a few hours a day and we have to fill up big trash cans around the house.

3 comments:

Ashley and Mike said...

well this is a cute little home! poor pig. i hope he tasted good, but i know you dont eat that. sucky about the mice. totally friggin sick. get some traps man. squish those little bugers. i wish i could mail you a cat. I LOVE U TAKE CARE

Alma said...

Esperanza you know that cat concept works. I hope your new place is just as colorful and cheery. QTCD

juvz said...

WOW, I didn't see this post until now. I just finished watching Dirty Dancing and it totally reminded me of you! I love that movie. Cute little house and I love the color, it's so in. lol. Anyways, came by to say Hi and love you. Take care.