Saturday, November 29, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving!

The T-Committee was comprised of 15 volunteers and we essentially spent the entire year planning for the big day. The idea was to have a family style dinner of all the normal fixings and have a full day of fun. Sounds easy right? Now think about adding 200+ people (PCVs, RPCVs, Embassy employees, and PCDR office staff). Also, keep in mind that the committee has the added bonus of figuring out how to fund this one day event. Still sound easy? It wasn't. Instead of boring you with all the pre-day details (there are really too many to write about), I'll just tell you that the PCDR Thanksgiving celebration was fantastic! It was held at a country club where we played volleyball, basketball and dominoes, swam in the pool, ate TONS of food, watched an awesome slide show (thanks Bexx), laughed at the no-so-talented talent show performers, had a merengue and bachata dance contest and danced until we were kicked out of the club. This Thanksgiving was so much better than last year's and I'm happy I was a part of the committee because people can't stop talking about how awesome it was.
**Thanks mom for the package of all the stuffing and brownie mix! Thanks to everyone else in the states who sent stuff down too.....we wouldn't have been able to do it without ya!
Look forward to the Starbucks story...coming up next!

Here are a few pics from Thanksgiving:
me and Dave by the pool

Turkey trot runners ( I worked the finish line)


Trot workers Me, Tod, Judy



cooking veggie lasagna and stuffing at our country director's home




1 comment:

Emily said...

I'm so glad you had a fun Thanksgiving! I had no doubt your planning would produce a great day. I love you and I miss you like crazy!!!!!