Saturday, September 15, 2007

I´m in the DR!!!!!!

I´m here! I don´t have much time here and because it´s a spur of the moment trip to the internet cafe, i don´t have my thoughts organized. Yesterday was adoption day for the trainees from the center. my family consists of a don, dona, brother-7, sister 2. so far everything is really overwhelming and intense, but totally how i expected it to be. i haven´t had a chance to really sit down and take in the feeling, but that´s just my american way. man, as i type this the sweat is dripping down my face. the biz casz attire isn´t working out in this environment. we´ve taken a few pics and i´ll post them as soon as i get the chance. be sure to laugh at my hair as it has taken a very different shape overnight.

I survived my first bucket bath last night. it´s really not that difficult (way better than my bucket baths during surgery recovery), but i´m going to definitely miss regular showers real soon.

ok, time to go. i think i´ll be back later this week.

love you all


p.s. a couple of us are determined to bring the hyphy movement to the DR (hahahaha jk)
p.p.s. my first meal in my home was an omelet and plantains....yummy

9 comments:

DannyHoch said...

Sounds like your adjusting very nicely. I hope its fun. Any big insects....ewwwwww Anyways keep it up and we all love you.

DannyHoch said...

Oh ya...hyphy? what happed to the ballet terms you were to work on hahhahaha

Alma said...

Thank you for logging in and sending a quick note so we all know you are ok. Glad you can take baths. Keep us posted on your new experiences. As always hearing from you brings a smile. Don't forget your sunblock. I received the letter did you get the envelope i sent? QTCD mom

AliG said...

Pelas :)
I am SO looking forward to the hairdo pix .. since you always seem perfectly coifed, the frizzy haired Garcia family members are wondering wassup with that?!
***yet seriously***
I *ALWAYS* knew you would leave your mark on the world, thank you for documenting it. M*A .. tia.

Emily said...

YAY!! Plantains sound yummy! I'll send some E40 cd's to help with the hyphy movement. Miss you! I want to know the craziest thing you've seen so far...

P.S. You missed one crazy party yesterday!! Weddings are fun.

juvz said...

Hi Espie! So glad to hear from you and that you got there ok. Can;t wait to see some pics and here all about your stay :o).

juvz said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Zo said...

Yay! It sounds so exciting! Miss you!

Miranda said...

Yaay!! I am so excited for you! Can't wait to see the amazing pics (esp. of the hair)Miss you! Can't wait to read more.