Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Staging

HOLA! I'm in Washington D.C. at the moment. I arrived safely (but very late!) on Monday night. Staging officially began yesterday afternoon. Basically, it's filled with ice-breakers and brief information sessions. I feel as if they are really general almost as if they are avoiding the difficult and serious topics. Maybe they are waiting for us to be in the D.R. to keep us from wanting to stay in the U.S.
Anyway, here's a few facts. There are 54 trainees in my class. Most are from California (what can I say, we have big hearts). 15 males, 1 married couple. I'm not sure how many were in my specific program, but I think about 15. We are all really nervous/anxious about our service, but are excited to live up to (for lack of better terms) the Peace Corps Mission.

Sorry this has to be brief...I am on lunch break and on Maryam's (she's from Berkeley and in my program!) computadora. I'll try to add more later as this is my final day in the U.S. for a few years.
Muchos Besos!

1 comment:

AliG said...

wait .. 15 males, 1 married couple? did you get married?? :)